Karen Batchelor is a certified professional coach who provides inspiration, encouragement and support to 50 plus women and men. After more than 20 years in corporate and legal careers, she completely reinvented herself after 50 and started getting what she really wanted out of life – personally and professionally.
Now as the premier coach for 50 plus women and men, Karen combines her diverse and extensive skills with her natural blend of creativity, enthusiasm and humor to help others like her make their fifties the gateway to the best half of life.
OK — that’s the official version. Now, in her own words, this is how Karen got here:
A few years back, I was sitting in my nice corporate office contemplating a career path that looked incredible on paper. I had climbed the proverbial ladder of success, navigating through the practice of law and the executive ranks of corporate America. But as I rolled into my fifties, I had this nagging feeling that after all my efforts to get there, I was completely on the wrong ladder!
Something about turning 50 helped me focus on how I wasn’t living in sync with my life purpose and values, my creativity was stifled, my personal life was shoved into a corner and I just plain wasn’t happy.
So with a courage I didn’t think I had, I climbed down what had become the wrong ladder of success and headed off to find what I really wanted out of the second half of my life. Like you, though, major career change was only part of the roller coaster ride through my fifties. Ups and downs have included:
- The devastating loss of my father
- A serious health challenge
- Becoming “parent” to 90 year old mother who suffers from dementia and is now in assisted living
- My son’s marriage (and a great new daughter-in-law)
- Sad news that my best friend of 50+ years has early onset Alzheimer’s Disease
- The “madness” of menopause
- The adoption of my beautiful little niece
- Being present at the birth of my godson
- And writing my first book 50 Ways To Have An Amazing Life After 50!
Along the way, I had my own life coach for personal development who helped me discover a fulfilling career as a certified professional life coach. I now help 50 plus women and men get past mid life crisis symptoms with a focused vision and an action plan for an amazing life after 50. And yes it’s possible! My fifties have sometimes been a bumpy ride but I can honestly say that at this point in my life, I like where I am and, more importantly – I like WHO I am.
If you’re ready to discover how to make your next 50 the best 50:
- Get your copy of my new book 50 Ways To Have An Amazing Life After 50
- Take a leisurely tour around this website, read the articles and see if individual or life coaching online can inspire you to reinvent your life after 50.
- Subscribe to 50 Plus Magazine – my free twice-monthly newsletter.
- Get a bonus with your subscription – the Creating Power Goals Power Pack to help you set SMART goals to help you get what you really want out of this next part of life and
- Visit me on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks so much for your readership:-)